Arising from legal obligations dictating municipal conduct, the Registry Division’s mission is legal in nature. It consists in ensuring the application of laws, procedures and policies, notably as they relate to the management of the Town, elections and referendums, municipal taxation, access to documents and personal information and finally, to the development of the territory and urban planning.
At your service
The town clerk is assisted in his duties by an assistant town clerk and secretary as well as an archivist.
Fields of intervention
Given the nature of its mandates, the Registry Division interacts with both citizens and members of the municipal organization.
Its mandates relate to:
- information and recommendations to the Municipal Council on all aspects related to municipal services: meetings of the Council
- municipal elections and referendums
- official documents such as public notices, official notices, municipal by-laws, agreements and contracts
- legal counsel to the entire organization
- the municipality’s legal files
- claims against the Town
- access to information
- sales for taxes and auctions.